Imediago was founded in San Francisco, California to provide young African-American men with positive reinforcements that allows them to gain the confidence to change the common perception of what it means to be a “black man.” Straightforward stories are published weekly for young African-American men who are interested in what is recently happening in the world around them.
Contributors, who are in The Hubb Program, will be responsible for writing content that correlates with the company’s brand. Writers will have the opportunity to write opinion pieces, news articles, and product descriptions. They will clearly articulate complex topics for the general public, which makes the content digestible for a diverse group of readers. Also, contributors will have the option of turning their content in daily, weekly or monthly. All deadlines will be met depending on the circumstance.
- Accountable for content development from start to finish, including rounds of revision.
- Conduct research and interviews with subject matter experts and community members.
- Write opinion pieces, news articles, and product descriptions.
- Ability to turn around edits quickly and manage the approval process.
- Comprehensive, working knowledge and understanding of the organizations, people, sources and events pertaining to the content.
- Work with team members to distribute content that entertains and teaches our audience.
- Detail-oriented, with high standards for brand, messaging, quality, and consistency of content
- Proficient in spelling and grammar
- Great research, organizational, and learning skills
- An understanding of formatting articles on the web
- Excellent communicator
- Creative thinker, self-starter, and accountable
If you are interested: Apply Here